In NSS Labs’ recent Breach Detection Systems (BDS) test, Fortinet failed to achieve 100 percent detection in some of the evasions test categories (v1.43 build 0120). After working closely with NSS, Fortinet rolled out a new software fix (v2.10 build 0081) to address this issue. This was subjected to testing in our labs using the BDS methodology v2.0 and was found to detect 100 percent of the packers, compressors, virtual machine, and sandbox evasions. Although Fortinet improved its overall evasion score by 8.5 percent, the software fix still failed to detect 100 percent of the HTML obfuscation and layered evasions. For greater detail, reference our updated SVM Toolkit.
- NSS Labs Announces New Web Browser Security Test Results July 14, 2020
- New Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) Comparative Ratings Report Out Today June 16, 2020
- NSS Labs Announces New Ratings System Along with Advanced Endpoint Protection Results February 25, 2020
- NSS Labs Announces 2019 Data Center Firewall / Security Gateway Group Test Results November 12, 2019
- NGIPS 5.0 ERRATA – PALO ALTO Networks October 8, 2019