Publish Date: February 19, 2018
Empirical data from individual Test Reports and Comparative Reports is used to create NSS Labs’ unique Security Value Map™ (SVM). The SVM illustrates the relative value of security investment by mapping the Security Effectiveness and the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) per Protected Mbps (Value) of tested product configurations.
The following products were evaluated:
- Fortinet FortiGate 3000D v5.4.5 GA Build 3273
- Fortinet FortiGate 7060E v5.4.5 GA Build 6355
- Juniper Networks SRX5400E v15.1X49-D100.6
- McAfee Network Security Platform NS9100 Appliance v18.104.22.168
- Trend Micro TippingPoint 8400TX v22.214.171.12415
To learn how vendors performed, download individual Test Reports. NSS clients can also download the DCIPS Comparative Reports on Performance, Security, and Total Cost of Ownership.
As with all NSS Labs group tests, there was no fee for participation. In addition, the Test Methodology applied is in the public domain to provide transparency and to help enterprises understand the results.